For the time being, we only work by appointment.
Would you like to register for a Dutch language course?
Fill in this form for an appointment.
Do you have a question about learning or practicing Dutch?
You can call also or email us. We will provide you with information and personal advice.
+32 2 313 96 00
At these hours you can call us:
- Monday: 09.00 to 17.00
- Tuesday: 09.00 to 17.00
- Wednesday: 09.00 to 17.00
- Thursday: 09.00 to 17.00
- Friday: 09.00 to 16.00
You do a test and meet with an employee who will advise you on a course or activities to practice Dutch.
- Allow half a day for your visit
- Bring valid proof of identity
The Dutch Language House informs you about different options: Dutch for beginners or advanced learners, fast learning or just at a slower pace, oral and written courses, in different municipalities in Brussels, both during the day and in the evening. Based on a test and on your situation, we advise a Dutch course.
Do you want to do a test to know your level of Dutch, but you do not look for a Dutch course? That is possible. Visit the Dutch Language House and do a test. The duration of the test depends on your level of Dutch.
Signing up for a course
After getting an advice, you decide wether or not to sign up for the course.
For most courses in Dutch-speaking adult education in Brussels you can sign up at the Dutch Language House.
- Our advice is free.
- Do you want to sign up for a Dutch course? You pay a maximum of 54 euros if you live in a Brussels municipality. Don’t live in Brussels? Then you will pay a maximum of 126 euros per course.
- Level B2 courses (3.1, 3.2) and higher: a maximum of 117 euros per module.
- Do you sign up a fourth time for the same level? Then the course is more expensive (maximum 360 euros + book fee).
Head office Brussels
Philippe de Champagnestraat 23
An entrance without stairs is to be found at the back of the Huis van het Nederlands. Go to Nieuwland 9, 1000 Brussels and ring at the gate.
Community center Essegem
Leopold I‑straat 329
Attention! The office in Jette is actually closed.
Sans Soucistraat 131
Attention! The office in Elsene is actually closed.
Closing days 2020
Planning a visit to the Dutch Language House? Have a look at our closing days in 2020 to check if we are open.Closing days in 2020